Scott is a Certified Christian Conciliator™ and practicing lawyer, mediator and arbitrator, focusing his practice on employment law. He is a member of Cedar Mill Bible Church, in Portland, Oregon, where he serves on the Men’s Leadership Team. He has preached sermons on biblical peacemaking, lead retreat sessions and adult Sunday school classes on biblical peacemaking and has trained employees on biblical peacemaking. He has served on the Board of Directors for Union Gospel Mission of Portland and currently serves on the Board of Fairhaven Recovery Homes.
Scott has conducted dozens of successful mediations as a private and court-appointed mediator. He has also served as a court-appointed arbitrator in the Circuit courts of Multnomah, Clackamas and Washington counties in Oregon. For over 15 years, Scott has mediated numerous conflicts among Christians including:
- Non-profit organizations
- Church and ministry disputes
Education and Credentials
Juris Doctor, Northwestern School of Law, 1987, Lewis & Clark College
Bachelor of Science, 1979, Lewis & Clark College
- “AV” rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Oregon “Super Lawyers®” Employment Law, 2012
- Super Lawyers® Business Edition Employment & Labor, 2013
- Court-appointed Arbitrator: Circuit Courts of Clackamas, Multnomah and Washington Counties (1999-2014)
- Portland State University, Instructor, Legal Writing, 1993
- American Jurisprudence Award, Employment Discrimination, 1987
- Regional Moot Court Finalist, National Qualifier, 1985
- Recipient: American College of Trial Lawyers Medal for Excellence in Advocacy, National Moot Court Competition (1985)
Scott and His Wife Jennifer homeschool their daughter and are devoted to her upbringing and many activities. They have two grown sons and three grandchildren, all living in the Portland area. Scott is an avid reader and enjoys cooking, entertaining and talking about biblical conflict resolution with anyone who will listen!